ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 buffed-up design with chart-topping thermal performance
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPUs, the all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance.
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. These cores deliver a massive boost in game performance and all-new AI capabilities.
- OC Edition: Boost clock 1890 MHz (OC mode)/ 1860 MHz (Gaming mode)
Axial-tech Fan Design has been newly tuned with a reversed central fan direction for less turbulence.
- 2.9-slot design expands cooling surface area compared to last gen for more thermal headroom than ever before.
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.
From top to bottom, the ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti has been radically improved to accommodate the impressive new NVIDIA Ampere architecture and to deliver the next wave of gaming performance innovation to the market. A fresh design and more metal surrounds a grouping of Axial-tech fans. Last gen’s uniform fan layout has been usurped by a new rotation scheme and specialized roles for central and auxiliary fans. Below the blades, a larger, more impressive heatsink is ready for the most demanding thermal loads. The PCB has some new tricks up its sleeves, and even the backplate has received some performance-boosting changes. You’ve been waiting for the latest and greatest in graphics card design – and this is it.
Our Axial-tech fan design has been optimized for a new, larger heatsink that features more fins and surface area than last gen. The blade count has been increased on all three fans, with 13 on the center fan and 11 on the auxiliary fans. The barrier ring on the side fans has been slimmed down to allow for more lateral intake and to provide better airflow through the cooling array. The center fan’s extra blades and full-height ring provide boosted static pressure to blast air directly onto the GPU heat spreader.
To bolster the specialized roles of the center and auxiliary fans, the rotational direction of the center fan has been reversed. This reduces airflow turbulence inside of the cooling array for another boost to the card’s overall thermal performance.
To get heat up off the die and into the heatsink array to benefit from the new fan design requires special attention. We use a manufacturing process that polishes the surface of the heat spreader to improve smoothness at the microscopic level. The extra flatness allows for better contact with the die for improved thermal transfer.
The heat spreader draws heat up into heatpipes that carry it through a fin stack that fills a large 2.9-slot footprint. Increasing the heatsink size compared to the last generation provides more thermal headroom to account for the new high-performance chipset
In addition to under-the-hood design changes, the ROG Strix features a new face with metal accents that mirror the design aesthetic of ROG and ROG Strix motherboards. Mixing surface textures and materials make a statement when vertically mounted and lit by chassis LEDs. For those who prefer a sleeker, more subtle look, the greyscale colorway allows it to seamlessly blend into the build.
Careful attention has been paid to the front of the GPU, as it’s the most visible part of the card in typical configurations. A new addressable RGB element can be customized with Armoury Crate to create a uniform look along with other ROG components. To fulfill the power demands of the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, two 8-pin power connectors are present, along with an onboard circuit that monitors PSU rail voltage. The circuit is fast enough to catch any transients that result in the rail voltage dropping too low. If that happens, a red LED will light up to indicate a power supply issue. The Strix’s reinforced metal frame is also visible here, adding a literal layer of durability.
GPU TWEAK II
The ASUS GPU Tweak II utility takes graphics card tuning to the next level. It allows you to tweak critical parameters including GPU core clocks, memory frequency, and voltage settings, with the option to monitor everything in real-time through a customizable on-screen display. Advanced fan control is also included along with many more features to help you get the most out of your graphics card.